Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wholesale Utopia

Like Thrillist and Racked before it, Nylon Guys has fully endorsed IVEN.TORY, a month-old Nolita boutique sparingly stocked with current collections from Corpus, Idol Radec, and Fremont... all priced at wholesale. It and its cadre of labels are definitely niche, but some of the best things in life are.

**Update: At least one reader ain't down with INVEN.TORY: "Was very disappointed ... the clothes being sold here are exactly the same...as what was beingsold 6+ months ago."**

INVEN.TORY - 19 Kenmare St nr Elizabeth - 12pm-8pm daily - Map

4 comments:

  1. I've got to say, I checked this spot out this past weekend and was very disappointed. For anyone who has gone to the pop-up sample sales on Mulberry and Kenmare (I believe thats the location), the clothes being sold here are exactly the same...as what was beingsold 6+ months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stopped in to this store today after trying to be in the area ever since I read this post so that I could see for myself and I must admit that I have to disagree with the person above me. They had an excellent small selection and for a store that is less than a month old in a market like this, they are doing damn well for themselves. I bought a coat at 60% off retail and have already fallen in love with it. You should definitely check it out for yourself.. Plus, the staff is extremely knowledgeable regarding their products and had answers for any of my questions that I could tell weren't bullsh*t (I work in retail as well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. pinto, while all are entitled to their opinions, if you've ever been to an OpenHouse Gallery Event (at 201 Mulberry), you would know that they are still selling the same clothes from last spring. I'm sorry but I don't see the appeal of selling something which was overstock 6 months ago. I am all for supporting emerging designers, when the clothes are fresh, but I saw some of the same pieces from an OHG sale back in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys, INVEN.TORY here. Yes, we have some of the same stuff from our sample sales but we always make an effort to get great new stuff in as well. The good stuff goes fast! We get new things in almost weekly. Matt, I hope we have something you like next time.
    :)
    INVEN.TORY

    ReplyDelete