Tuesday, October 20, 2009

John Varvatos Sample Sale #1

Whoa, sale season has definitely arrived. Thursday through Saturday, 10/22-10/24 (unofficially, Wednesday, 10/21), the Misorena showroom is hosting its annual John Varvatos sample sale featuring up to 75% off what's sure to be an impressive selection of stock.

Wednesday afternoon update: Sale's open to all 'til 8pm, tonight! Quiet at the moment. Less stock than last year (likely because of sample sale #2 at Metropolitan Pavilion). Suits for $300; leather jackets for $200; thick cashmere sweaters for $200; ...

Typically, this sale begins a day early for "friends & family." We've never had any trouble getting in early, but we can't guarantee that you will. The solution? If you get in early, tweet about it (including @thechoosybeggar in your tweet), and we'll tell everyone else.

Note: Don't confuse this John Varvatos sample sale with the John Varvatos sample sale that Metropolitan Pavilion is hosting Friday through Saturday, 10/23-10/25. We'll post details about that sale tomorrow.

John Varvatos Sample Sale #1 - Misorena Ltd. 260 5th Ave between 28th & 29th - Map

15 comments:

  1. Some brands seem to move most of their merchandise through sample sales. You'd have to be crazy to spend more than 50% on items from John Varvatos, Theory, Elie Tahari, or Trovata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would like to know what happens tonight. Anybody "in the know" going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any info on sizing for shorties such as myself? Would love a slim Varvatos leather jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good selection of sizing, today, but it won't last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the leathers are a proper STEAL at $250. Some are a little funky looking but most are totally wearable. Nobody was checking any kind of list at all. The sizing is way hit or miss. Favors the wide of chest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. any idea what time they open in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sale. Not as much selections as last year but I think the price is a bit better. Size is more Medium to Large....but more L than M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up!

    Got a $2000 100% lambskin coat for $200.
    Can't beat that.
    So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any fur/shearling jackets?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went this morning and there were shearling jackets from what I recall. As previously stated there was more selection last time around. Definitely not as many shoes I would have liked. I think there were about 10-12 different styles, if even that many.

    If you are looking for any Converse items, I'm pretty sure I didn't see any.

    ReplyDelete
  11. shearling jackets only in big sizes. same goes for most of the outerware.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got home from the sale. The selection definitely isn't what it was last year. Maybe because of all the Gilt sales. But, the prices are cheaper. You can't go wrong with $200 jackets and $250 leather jackets. Mostly bigger sizes, but I found mediums in everything that I wanted. I liked a leather jacket, but it wasn't a must have. I will go back late tomorrow, because they usually slash prices just before closing.

    THANKS Choosy Beggar you are the BEST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The prices were NOT cheaper, at least across the board. Example: Last year at this sale I waited until the bitter end and got an olive cashmere sweater for $100. Other knits then were $50. They are 50% more at this sale. But perhaps, in time. I didn't inventory everything, but I thought the scarves were beautiful and subtle. The shoes were not the best of JV, but decently priced. The staff at this sale is very professional. I'm hoping that t'mow's sale (#2) is akin to the AMAZING sale they did two years ago in the Flatiron area (was it 18th or 19th)? I must've bought 8 pieces and each is them is timeless but eclectic. That's what I expect from Varvatos. Some of today's cashmere's were fine, but not at $200.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I waited too long. The jacket I wanted was lowered to $95 from $195 but only in sizes 54 and up. Oh well. Got a pair of pants for $20.00. Not much left.....

    ReplyDelete