Thursday, November 12, 2009

Alert: Victorinox Sample Sale

Just got word of a Victorinox sample sale going down today and tomorrow -- Thursday and Friday, 11/12-11/13. "Seriously inexpensive," says a friendly tipster. "Bought two ski jackets for $40 each!"

Report from the field: "Webbing belts: $5 -- they have a bunch accessories, eather belts, hats short sleeve tees- $10 long sleeve knits, woven shirts sweaters, pants, jeans $20 short sleeve knits, polos, long sleeve tees, shorts, swims $15 lightweight jackets, blazers, vests $40 heavyweight jackets $75. The also have a box with damaged items for $10 I got a lightly ripped down jacket for $10, and a lightly ripped sweater for $10 and an amazing grey fitted jacket for $40 This is the Buckler of this week, they will be open tom until 8 -- the stuff is great, plenty of sizes. A must for anyone who still needs winter gear!"

Victorinox Sample Sale - 96 Spring St between Broadway & Mercer - 10am-8pm daily - Map

9 comments:

  1. alot of selection? can anyone give more info on the types of skijackets? styles etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to add, the highest price point is $75 for heavy jackets. I assume that includes the ski jackets. Light weight jackets are $40 and shirts and everything else is $20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memory is foggy but there were ski pants that were grey patterned with black accents and matching jackets. Also a couple of shiny jackets in black and I believe green.

    Everyone is super nice except for a blondish, manly older woman at the register. If I hadn't notice her be rude to the 2 people in front of me also I really would have taken offense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blond, manly, older woman at the register last night is so rude. But don't take it personally. I would have been really upset at her total rudeness had I not noticed she was obnoxious to the 3 guest in front of me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say 95% of the menswear (from jackets to sweaters) are mediums.

    If you're a fan of clothes, this sale is heaven, otherwise, you couldn't pay me to wear some of this stuff.

    On the other hand, one of the clerks did tell me that there would be another sale next week just for knives and cutlery. It's in Connecticut though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, not necessarily fashion forward, but I managed to score a warm coat I can wear to work in the dead of winter for $75, a fall-weight sporty jacket for $40, a zip sweater for $20, and a t-shirt for some pocket change.

    Everyone is super friendly - very peaceful and well organized - except the blond woman at the front.

    One of the guys there implied that they would slash prices later this afternoon.

    CASH ONLY

    ReplyDelete
  7. MEN'S was 90-95% medium, 5-10% large. NO SMALLS. Women's was all smalls, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a lot of what I would call ski jackets. Some heavy puffy down coats, but not a lot. A large selection of lighter windbreakers, parkas, and that sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any cool pants or shirts?

    ReplyDelete